Tuesday, December 12, 2006

After the rain the sun... it’s a beaut here!

I hate the gym with a passion, I try my hardest not to go to the gym, so naturally I have been bummed out by how unusually stormy it has been in Vancouver lately. Last night I come up with the brilliant ideal of running up and down our 12 stories apartment building stairs for a workout.

First of all I do not like “climbing” of any kind I would rather walk an extra mile to get to point “A” than climb a little hill to get there. Secondly I do not think I get the same workout on a treadmill as I do outdoor.

Delusional? Whatever, I live in my own special world anyway.

My stairs workout, while good did not meet the goal I set for myself, my sister ended up laughing so hard at my initial goal as she asked – You just said “up and down 10times” just for my sake right? This was after the fifth set when I was huffing and puffing with complains of my legs shaking.


This afternoon, the clouds parted a bit, the sun is fighting to shine and my spirit is lifted, I am in love with my city again. I cannot wait to get off work, and then I remembered I am set to meet these two Internet buds at an event this afternoon an indoor event :-)

Sorry guys, I know I am being selfish since you both have to be at this event and I don’t but I would rather go out running.


My mental health and my diabetes really need me to run outdoors the way God intended me to run. Besides just take a look at how beautiful the neighbourhood is when it is not raining who can resist.

Hope you understand since “they” are calling for storms again.



No comments: