Friday, December 29, 2006

Happy Last 2006 Friday!

The last Friday on 2006 and I wonder what 2007 have in store for me. I am hopeful and encourage by all the advances and lessons learnt this year in regards to managing diabetes.

The best health decision by far in 2006 was getting an Insulin Pump even though it meant paying for it out of pocket I am yet to regret making this decision. I believe broke and healthy is much better than rich and sickly. I am so grateful to have been able to get a pump, this saddens me because I know there are lots of people around the world today to whom the diagnoses of type 1 diabetes still is a death sentence. The thought that some people diagnosed with type 2 diabetes will also get possible preventable complications simple because they cannot afford medications is just not right.

Thank God for organizations like Insulin for life (http://www.insulinforlife.org/)
That strives to make a difference that keeps people alive. We are all hopeful of a cure someday but without the help of organizations like them, some people, and a lot more people than necessary will not live to see a cure. I wonder if we can afford a cure when it comes, will insurance cover it?

What is the price for health? What does healthy mean to me? These were all questions I had to ponder in 2006 and questions I am working through.


No comments: