Tuesday, December 19, 2006

All I want for Christmas is……….

Every year around this time I get fatigued and wish I could turn it over to someone else to manage. I wish just for the last few weeks of each year I could outsource my diabetes management to someone or to a company.
What I really want for Christmas is a “diabetes spa”, a first class, five-star resort. Staffed with the best endocrinologist, certified diabetes educator, nutritionist, and exercise physiologist along with all the other staff a resort requires. Where I check in and do not worry or think about managing diabetes till checkout. My personalized diabetes management - well thought out and documented, basal and bolus rates and ratios, fun-exciting activities, nutritional tasty foods all taken care of. Blood sugar monitoring, infusion set changes and decisions surrounding everything to ensure I stay within my ultimate aim of fasting and before meal blood sugar of 5.5 (98), one-hour after meals will be no higher than 8 (144) and two hours no higher than 6.5 (117)
There will never be a hypoglycaemia events at this spa and all the regular spa activities will be available to be enjoyed worry free.

2 comments:

art-sweet said...

If you find such a place, please let me know!

art-sweet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.