Monday, April 2, 2007

Been so long


I finally feel like I am getting better physically from the flu/cold that will not go away. I am also feeling much better emotionally it seems they are both tied into one another.


I got a new laptop but the wow of vista has not started yet, it could be just me being me. I might have been expecting too much since I put off getting a new computer for about three years waiting for vista. I can however not bring myself to pack up my eight years old laptop, I have an offer from a friend to buy it but it seems I am not all that ready to part with something that has been part of my live for the last eight years. It is heavy, slow and clunky, it takes about the same time it takes to brew coffee to power up but it been good and reliable.


Last Saturday I was treated to the inspirational sounds of The Soweto Gospel Choir “WOW” nothing prepared me for the emotions and exuberance. Their songs are accompanied by the unique Southern African rhythms, energetic dance moves and colourful traditional outfits. The seamless flow of traditional, acapella and contemporary gospel was unstoppable. To demonstrate the choirs’ multi-lingual skills they wormed up at the start of the second half in French, German and Zulu.

4 comments:

jill. said...

i just got a new laptop with vista on it and it's pretty cool. i still miss my old laptop, but it was starting to overheat so much that it was creating a fire hazard!

Bernard said...

Welcome back Adjoa

Seeing that gospel choir must have been a great blessing. I love choral music, and I wish I'd been there!

About Vista. It's very different to earlier versions of Windows. So don't be surprised if you're frustrated for quite a while.

I hope that God blesses you and lifts your spirits and your health.

justme said...

i have not seen them live, but they are truly amazing!

Pearlsa said...

Hello All,

I think I am starting to like Vista, I was just not ready for a change.

The gospel choir was greaaaaat if ever you get a change to see them it will be worth every cent and time. They are amazing