Thursday, January 4, 2007

“I see no bravery, in his eyes anymore……”

I have a secret ………….

Spring of 1998 was beautiful, in the Washington DC metropolitan area, the flowers had just started to bloom, and the days were finally longer. Lunchtime was entertaining again, walking through stunning downtown Bethesda often-losing track of time and getting back to work a little late with self promises to be my aware of time tomorrow.

After winter I cannot get enough of the great outdoor, everything looks so new and vivid as if my standard definition television world just got upgraded to a high definition television. I was in love with life itself so, when a co-worker approached me to sign up to play on a softball team they are putting together it sounded like great fun. My then company provided all the uniforms and equipments, I got to pick my jersey number and it even had my last name printed on it just like professional players I see on TV. I also received a sports bag with all the softball goodies I will need, but I was not very interested in what all was in the bag I only noticed the bat.

Montgomery County parks department finally sent us our schedule both for practices and games along with the teams we will be playing. I could hardly wait to get out on the field and run around thinking about it brought me joy. I changed after work on day one of practice, dove and parked strapped my sports bag and walked as the pro looking gal I was onto the field. Now I have never played any team sports unless you count track and field as a team sports nor did I know the first thing about softball.

I took my position as instructed by my new coach, with the funny looking glove I fished out of my bag. Another co-worker at the end of the field throws balls at me that I was to catch in the glove. I manage to catch one before noticing that the ball was not at all “SOFT” as the name of the game had implied, I was now being asked to catch this not at all softball batted at me, which was bearing at me like a weapon.

I just run back behind the fence telling the coach there must be some mistake, I signed up for softball not this, I do not want to get hurt. I have a crippling fear of breaking bones, shhhhhhhh.. don’t tell anyone please

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello bros. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging for that meticulous model. The prices as regards the velcros were around 320 bucks on every page. But definitively I bring about this location selling them for half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good afternoon ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching allowing for regarding that particular model. The prices seeking the boots were about 220 dollars on every site. But finally I set this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I really love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good evening people. I'm honestly into shoes and I was searching for that exact brand. The prices seeking the shoes were around 350 bucks on every site. But definitively I bring about this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging for that exact model. The prices for the sneakers were all over 190 pounds on every page. But completely I base this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy these. what do you think?