Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Flying High

I finally came down from the high blood glucose scurry I have been on the past few weeks it mysteriously dropped that very same day I got my period. I wish I could tell when my hormones decide to go crazy as it did the past three weeks.


Last night was an adventure Tuesday evenings are site change evenings at the House O Adjoa, Saturday Mornings is site and cartridge change. After an evening run, I ripped out my old site enjoyed a long hot shower and inserted a new site. I settled down to once again try to get Windows Mobile Device center to communicate with my pocket PC phone, this problem is getting old and on my last nerves. Just when I thought I had figured out the issue my laptop battery dies, I will tackle this issue at another time.


I tested my blood glucose which was in a good range and proceeded to watch Gilmore girls I cried when Rory graduated from Yale. You will think my emotional state will have clued me in, I watched Veronica Mars, teased my sister for surfing the net via her pocket PC phone because her laptop also died and was charging.


I drifted off to sleep, woke up after about two hours to pee, drink water and turn off the TV noting to myself to have a greener day tomorrow before getting back into bed.

I struggled to tell the time I think its 8am but it’s still dark out, it must be 3am. I need to pee and my mouth is sticky and dry I need water I get out of bed. The water is making me nauseous, maybe it’s too warm my blood glucose rings in at 15mmol/l (270) I take a correction insulin dose and go back to sleep. I wake up at 6am with blood glucose of 18mmol/l (324), feeling like I have been run over by a trucker trailer.


My insulin pump site was completed detached from my body! WHAT? I have no idea how or when it happened. I have been pretty lucky and had only had one bad site prior to this I re-inserted a new site and went to work.
I went through the day angry, angry at diabetes.

5 comments:

Bernard said...

That just stinks. I guess it's good that it didn't go even higher.

..M.. said...

Ugggghhh I sooo get you - a period kicks me off balance every time! A few days horribly high that never seem to make sense, then a serious drop that bowls me over. Sucks doesn't it? I keep thinking, if only I had regular periods like other women maybe I'd recognise the signs... but naah, I doubt it, it seems to catch us all unaware no matter how much we're used to it!
Hope things are settling for you!

Scott K. Johnson said...

Major suckage.

I hate when technical issues throw us off - it's hard enough when we get all the numbers right!

Dave said...

Hey, just found your site...dunno if guys have hormone cycles as well (my doc suggests they do but we don't really know much about them) but ha, maybe I'm synced up with my gf's cycle or something, because I've been dealing with the same wacked out BGs about once a month. (And this entire month has inexplicably been kind of drag!)Tons of erratic BG results from (what have to be) technical issues, too, this month.

Penny Ratzlaff said...

Sorry to hear about your sugars and your site problem

I cried too when Rory graduated and when the show ended, and I don't have the excuse of a high blood sugar.